Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Changing Seasons

Enlarge the place of your tent, and let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; do not spare; lengthen your cords, and strengthen your stakes.  ~ Isaiah 54:2

I just got off a Skype call where I was interviewing for my 4th job.  When I say my 4th job, I mean it would be the 4th job I’m currently working.  Sound crazy?  Sound impossible?  Good!  When God calls me to the crazy and impossible, I know He is going to supply what I need to do the task.  TaskS.  

Lately I have been sensing the Lord leading me to be bolder -- to step up to a higher level of faith and deeds.  On one hand, this means being ready and willing to give a reason for the hope I profess at any given time.  God wants me to open my mouth more and share about Him and what being in a personal relationship with Him means to me.  And He has promised to fill my mouth with true and effective words (Psalm 81:10).  I believe this is true for all believers.

On the other hand, God is also calling me to DO more.  Of course, I realize that it is possible to do too much, and be too busy.  So as I move forward, every step I make is one that is following His leading, and is being offered prayerfully up to the Father.  Interestingly, what I’m finding for this season of my life is that God is calling me to MORE.  I am already working as a Lunch Supervisor at an elementary school, a Drama Instructor after school on Tuesdays, and a PraiseMoves Instructor who is looking to schedule more classes at new times and different locations.  I also serve as the Executive Director for Eli’s Hope (www.elishope.org), and I am the bookkeeper, newsletter writer, and Homework Club organizer for Project 14:6.  Not to mention my roles as wife and mother.  This 4th job would allow me to teach technology to seniors at a local Senior Living Community on Mondays. 

All these different roles and jobs are actually perfect for me and my schedule right now, and they are very fulfilling.  I am seeing the Lord work in each and every one. 

God calls us to live our lives as the earth does – in different seasons (Ecclesiastes 3:1, 2 Timothy 4:2).  And for me, I am in a season of busy springtime.  A season of planting, working, and growing.  I will choose to enjoy this season of life, and in my innermost heart of hearts I am eagerly awaiting a great HARVEST.  

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. ~ Galatians 6:9


What season are you in?  

No comments:

Post a Comment