Monday, November 30, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Our kids had a blast over the Thanksgiving holiday playing with their cousins, aunt (my sister-in-law), and their crazy uncle (my brother). It was so nice to have some family with us for our first Thanksgiving in our new home. And it was fun to visit the city on Friday, too. I think the highlight for them was just riding the train and the bus. Who needs tourist attractions?

I think the only disappointment from the weekend was that my 2 1/2 year old niece still doesn't know who I am. She constantly calls me by my sister's name. We were all wondering what she would do if my sister and I were both in the room...

So, here's my quick funny story. Today R came home from school telling me about a paper cut she'd gotten on her finger. "It hurt so bad, Momma." I could see the red cut, but somehow we both forgot to do anything about it after we got back to the house. So tonight after our devotion and prayer time, R said, "Momma, guess what?! Remember I had that cut on my finger? Well I prayed, and Jesus put His hands on me and He healed me! Look!" She then proceeded to very proudly display her healed middle finger, holding it up in a most offensive way. Thank You, Lord, for childlike innocence. :) I've been laughing all night long.

No comments:

Post a Comment