Thursday, November 5, 2009

Singin' in the Rain

In Matthew 6 Jesus tells us that, "Each day has enough trouble of its own." Boy, was He right! Why am I surprised? Sheesh. My mother even often says that bad things seem to come in three's. In other words, as some would put it, "when it rains it pours." Sometimes we'll get hit with one huge awful thing that happens... but most of the time, it's just a load of little things. Things that are out of our control. Things that trip us up and cause us to lose focus. Things that cause us to fret and worry.

So what's happened to us? I know I have you all on the edge of your seat now. :)

Well, just to name a few . . . my SUV had to be put in the shop for some pretty significant repairs. (Enough said.) Then we find out that even though our daughter had already started kindergarten back in our old home, in order to fully register here she has to (again) go see a doctor, a dentist, an eye doctor, and she even has to have a blood test for lead exposure. (And as some of you may already know, she is deathly afraid of needles/shots.) Also, our heater can't seem to decide whether it's going to work or not. We sometimes have spotty Internet connections. And now today, Jeromy has a job interview (which is a good thing!), but he's feeling terrible. He'll be stopping by a MinuteClinic on his way home, to see whether he has strep throat or not.

So before you think I'm just complaining . . . let me point you to the hope that I am clinging to. After Jesus alluded to all the troubles we will most definitely encounter, He also said, "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." (John 14:1) He assured us, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5) I am telling myself over and over that Jesus is with us through everything. I am hearing His voice remind me over and over, "do not let your heart be troubled, Jessica."

What an awesome Savior. He cares about even the little things we go through in life. He cares enough to reach down from His throne on high and speak to me. To encourage me. And not only that, but to give me supernatural strength through His Holy Spirit so that I can actually deal with all these things.

My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine;
For Thee all the follies of sin I resign.
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, I know God is using you as His encourager--not just to your family--but to anyone who reads your posts and your reminders of how good God is every day. Stay strong in the Lord; I know He's going to do a mighty work in Chicagoland.

    ReplyDelete